Bhutan’s Druk Green Power is scouting for a joint venture partner to develop the 118 MW Nikachu hydel project and electricity generated from the plant will be supplied to India. 

The company is owned by Bhutanese government through Druk Holding & Investments. 

According to Druk Green, 80 per cent of electricity generated would be exported to India by way of a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) while the rest 20 per cent would be sold through merchant route in India. Read More

Courtesy: Business Standard